Contact Information
Gloria Swor, Elections Administrator 
Phone: (936) 544-3255, ext. 243

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 941, Crockett, Texas, 75835

Physical Address: 401 East Goliad, Crockett, Texas 75835

Visit the Texas Secretary of State web site at for more information about voting in the state of Texas.

Voter Eligibility
As soon as you establish residence in Houston County, you are qualified to register to vote in Houston County. 

Other requirements for voter registration include minimum age of 18 (you may register within 2 months of your 18th birthday). You must be a United States citizen. 

On August 10, 2016, a federal district court entered an order changing the voter identification requirements for all elections held in Texas after August 10, 2016 until further notice.  As a result, voters who have obtained an acceptable form of photo identification for voting listed below are still required to present it in order to vote in person in all Texas elections.  The acceptable form of photo identification may be expired up to four years.  Voters who have not been able to obtain one of the forms of acceptable photo identification listed below, and have a reasonable impediment or difficulty to obtaining such identification, may present a supporting form of identification and execute a Reasonable Impediment Declaration, noting the voter’s reasonable impediment to obtaining an acceptable form of photo identification, and stating that the voter is the same person on the presented supporting form of identification.

This requirement is effective immediately.

Here is a list of the acceptable forms of photo ID:

  • Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
  • Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
  • Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
  • Texas license to carry a handgun issued by DPS
  • United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
  • United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
  • United States passport

With the exception of the U.S. citizenship certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 4 years before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.

Election Identification Certificates are available from DPS driver license offices during regular business hours. Find mobile stations here.

Here is a list of the supporting forms of ID that can be presented if the voter cannot obtain, and has a reasonable impediment or difficulty to obtaining one of the forms of acceptable photo ID:

  • Valid voter registration certificate
  • Certified birth certificate (must be an original)
  • Copy of or original current utility bill
  • Copy of or original bank statement
  • Copy of or original government check
  • Copy of or original paycheck
  • Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)

After presenting a supporting form of ID, the voter must execute a Reasonable Impediment Declaration.

You may not register to vote if you have been declared mentally incapacitated or if you have been convicted of a felony crime unless that disability has been removed. You regain the right to vote after you complete your sentence or probation. 

Voter Registration

Voter registration applications are available at the office of the Elections Administrator. They are also available at area post offices, libraries, Department of Public Safety and Texas Department of Human Services offices. You may write or call us for an application by mail.

Print out a Texas Voter Registration Application by going to this link:

Your voter registration is valid as long as you notify us of your current address. If you move within Houston County please contact our office so we can update your records. Voter registration must be completed at least thirty days prior to an election for your registration to be effective for that election. New voter registration certificates are mailed every two years (in November of odd numbered years). If you move out of Houston County, contact the Voter Registrar in your new county/state of residence